I am a qualified counsellor, a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and a member of the International Centre of Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy. My aim is to provide a safe, compassionate and collaborative space. I incorporate different styles of therapy into my work depending on your concerns.
My work is now in private practice but I have previously worked for ‘Talkabout’, a school counselling service. My volunteer work has included time with Marriage Care, It’s Your Choice, and The Olive Branch Counselling Service. My original training was paediatric nursing.
I see a supervisor monthly and am also part of a development group of Emotionally Focused Therapists which meets regularly.
- Advanced Diploma in Couples Therapy
- Certificate of Psychosexual Studies
- Advanced Training in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples
- Certificate in Teenage Counselling
- Foundation Degree in Humanistic Counselling (based on Transactional Analysis)